Friday, April 17, 2009

Dude, We Call That "Therapy"


Yesterday, the world learned that an admitted Al Qaeda leader is terrified of caterpillars.

Having an unnatural and highly mockable aversion to moths myself, I could almost relate. That is, I was semiprepared to spare Abu Zubaydah the tiniest bit of fellow feeling until I also learned that he considered it torturous to be placed in a small room with an arthropod.
Dude, that's not torture. That is desensitization therapy.

I also found myself questioning Zubaydah's choice of career and the lifestyle it imposed on him. As an al Quaeda operative, the man was required to spend a majority of his time in caves, swamps, desserts and many other places that were absolutely crawling with insects.
If this terrorist was truly terrified of bugs, wouldn't he have been much happier doing anything else than rising through the ranks of al Qaeda? If Zubaydah can't act in his own best interest, he gets no sympathy from me. He should be made to lay in his own bedbugs.
In fact, if you want to send some bad vibes Zubaydah's way, go here and think in his direction. Your country has pledged not to prosecute you for your service.

No comments: