Friday, February 1, 2008

First Friday, or Why I My Not Be the Best Catholic Ever


This morning while volunteering at the homeless outreach, I got roped into an extremely preliminary discussion of strategic directions for a group of parishes in Virginia Beach. A major concern for the individual churches is that the dioceses is planning to reassign all of its priests.

The question I and some other folks was asked to ponder was, "What will six parishes do if there are only five priests for our group? How can five priest be made to serve six churches?"

My first thought was ... "Stew."

I mean, you can really make a stew stretch if you chop the priests up fine enough. Throw in a few extra potatoes, another can of chicken stock, you've just created at least six more bowlfuls. And stew'll keep in the fridge for about a week.

==============

I'll try to get a music post up over the weekend. Posts will be sparse to nonexistant through next Friday. Sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's a loaves and fishes joke in here somewhere, I swear.