Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ain't Gonna Pay for Tapes Any More

Album: Mojo Nixon & Skid Roper, Root Hog or Die, 1991

Out of Order Posting Excuse: I no longer have this cassette in my music collection because someone at WUVT, the Virginia Tech student-run radio station, stole it after I brought it in to play a track during my short-lived show but forgot to take it with me when I left.

Damn alterna-kids.

So since I can't do a proper post on Root Hog or Die, and I'm too strapped for time today to do a legitimate post on the earlier album I do still have, I'll just share these two Mojo-esque videos of songs from Root Hog or Die.

The first is no "Stuffin' Martha's Martha's Muffin," but it's fun to think about Mojo and Debbie spending any time together at all, let alone spending time in flagrante delecto.






This second offering ain't a great song, but Mojo's wall-eyed commitment to being a public kook is admirable if nothing else.




Up Next: Mojo Nixon, Otis, 1990

No comments: