Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Pure Autobiography

Album: Ed Lamb, Broken Record, 2008

Best Track: "I'm Really Busy"

Lasting Memory: Remember that last time I posted about how I wasn't posting because I couldn't make time to post. Good times, man. Good times.

So here's what's up. I hit the freelancer lottery about 10 days ago when I got hired to compile a couple of news feeds for two business Web sites -- packagers and food processors. The work inolves reviewing newswires and plucking out articles and press releases of interest to the respective audiences. Relatively straightforward, but definitely time-consuming.

On top of that prime gig, I have a journal issue's worth of HR articles to heavily edit, a series of HR personnel screening test technical reports to proof, between four and six pharmacy policy/market articles to write, and some spot editorial work for an RFID information clearinghouse to do. The deadlines for most of the projects is May 1, but the news feed will eat 4-6 hours each business day.

Since March 29, I've written three articles, finished editing a 500-page book on Air Force history, and foresightedly turned down two more assignments for book edits.

And, oh yeah, I'll be moving the weekend of April 19.

Music posts will be few and far between through the rest of this month. I will blog Melissa Etheridge by the end of this week -- if only to get this picture (>>>>) off my desk -- but after that, we will all just have to wonder along with David, Edie, Alex, and Mike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that work at the Thorough Cursor is going so well! Congratulations! (and be sure to email me your new address)