Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Which Would You Rather Listen To

National Public Radio during the Anuual Spring Fundraising Drive or Edie Brickell?

Paul Simon made his choice, and I've made mine. I'll see if I can bite the patchoulli-scented pop-folk bullet today and get up a blog-theme-relvant post tomorrow.

If you're interested in sharing, what album, tape, CD, or download in your music collection would just stop you dead if you were told you had to listen to it? I'm not saying there's a gun to your head or that the fate of the free world hangs in the balance, but what would you just as soon never aurally belly up to ever again?

Yep. That's a real picture. >>>

If you can find a photographic or artistic rendering of a belly ear, feel free to share that, too.

4 comments:

Ellen Clair Lamb said...

I cannot answer this question without hurting someone's feelings, because the CDs in my collection I can't stand to listen to were all gifts.

In a couple of cases, they were gifts of the musician.

Peggy & Scott said...

I had an embarassing fascination with Britney Spear's "music" about eight years ago. The cds I own from that time are in a box in the attic. Not because I want to keep them but because all our music digital now, thanks to Scott. Somehow Britney's stuff never got converted. BTW, my fascination with her now is the category with natural disasters and disease pandemics.

Ellen Clair Lamb said...

PS I _love_ that Edie Brickell album. Give me the tape, if you hate it so much.

Ed Lamb said...

I don't hate the album, I just haven't been able to wrap my mind arouind listening to it. I'm slipping the cassette as I type.

For today, I'm going to do another post on the intentional and eggregious mangling of the English language.