Sunday, November 4, 2007

Joke for a Sunday


Every Web site needs at least one special feature.


Mine will be "Joke for a Sunday." The Lord doesn't really rest on Sunday, so I figure neither should I. If you are concerned that God works too hard, be assured that he rests on Mondays. He is just to busy with the Muslims on Friday, the Jews and Seventh Day Adventists on Saturdays, and the Christians and Catholics on Sundays to have a proper weekend.

Mondays suck for us because God is always off fishing or golfing or catching up on his Tivo'ed soaps those days and isn't answering his e-mail.

Keep reading, though, because that isn't the joke, folks.

The first real Joke for a Sunday comes to you courtesy of Star of the Sea's pastor, Father Steve, who told this gem during his sermon this morning. Don't interupt me if you've heard this one before. These are words made holy by their association with Gospel.

=======================================
A nun gets into a cab and notices after a few blocks that the driver keeps sneaking peaks in the rearview mirror.

Not so much uncomfortable as curious, the nun finally asks the cabbie, "Why do you keep staring back at me? Is there something wrong?"

The driver replies, "Yeah, there is. But I'm afraid if I tell you, you'll get offended."


"Son," the nun says, "As old as I am, and as long as I've been doing what I've been doing, I can't believe that you could possibly offend me. So what is on your mind?"


The cabbie was silent for a few more blocks, and then he said very quietly, "Sister, the thing is, I have wanted to kiss a nun. Could that ever happen?"


The nun said, "It can, but only if you honestly tell me two things. First, are you single? Second, are you a Catholic."


"Yes on both," the cabbie said.


Hearing this, the nun told the driver to pull into the next alley so she could fulfill his wish. The kissing was very PG-13, and over very quickly.


Not long after they got back on the road driving to the nun's destination, the cab driver breaks down in tears and confesses, "Sister, I lied to you. I'm going to Hell. I'm married, and I'm a Baptist, and I made out with a nun!"


"Don't be so upset," came the reply from the back seat. "You're not going to Hell for what just happened. See, I wasn't totally honest, either. I'm not really a nun. I'm just dressed up for a Halloween party you're taking me to. And my name is Ken."


=======================================


The moral, according to Father Steve, is that unpleasant things can happen to us when we lie, but that we usually get second chances to avoid damnation.

Word Count to Date: 3,458

No comments: